I can hardly believe it’s been over a year since I’ve last updated this.
Actually, no. I can believe it.
I haven’t done any work on the blog, website, what have you, in so long, I’ve forgotten most of my passwords. I had to go crawling into my password book of doom just to get myself logged in again. (Thank the gods for hard copy back-ups).
Going back through these entries was a nice little blast from the past, but it also reminds me of all the stuff that I had planned to do but didn’t. Like finishing Chuck Made Them Do It. Or King and Consort. Or posting pictures (which I haven’t even started on yet) and previews of the original fiction I’ve been working on.
About the only thing I’ve gotten remotely done is the original fiction. Sort of.
So, here’s a little break down of all the things I’ve done and haven’t done so far in the last year. It’s more helpful to me than it is for you to read, probably, but I’m throwing it out there anyway, in case you’re curious:
Things I have Done (a.k.a: Excuses for Why I Was So Busy).
– Became fully employed. May 2011
– Wrote 1st draft of novel: Valhalla Marsden, Book 1. June 2011
– Best friend had minor relationship meltdown. August-ish to October-ish 2011
– Nanowrimo. Started 2nd novel: Alex and Whitney (tentatively titled Have Guns, Will Travel) November 2011
– BFF back with boyfriend–NOW ENGAGED! December-ish 2011
– Christmas and Thanksgiving survived.
– Despises job. Searches and FINDS a new one. January 2012
– New Job awesome, but time consuming.
– STILL working on Alex and Whitney, book 1. (December 2011 to present)
– Moved to a new apartment, and out of parent’s house! Yay! June 2012
– BIRTHDAY! Goes relatively uncelebrated. Boo. June 2012
– BFF WEDDING! Sooooo exhausted. July 2012
Things I Haven’t Done in Past Year:
– Finish Chuck Made Them Do It.
– Start (and finish) King and Consort
– Update this blog. (Can I check this off now?)
– Finish Harry Potter is Such a Fruit.
There. That list is honestly longer than I thought it’d be. I guess I really did do a lot in the last twelve or so months.
Either way, I’m back on it now, more or less. For now, I need to get back to work.