Well, this is it. It’s the end. March is nearly over. Winter is gone. It’s officially spring (at least, here anyway. I heard some people got snow over the weekend? What’s up with that?)
Also, Fireside Magazine’s kickstarter is nearing to a close. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you ought to. I have last year’s magazine, and it’s really, really good. (I’ve also pledged for next year’s, too. And you should consider doing so yourself. It’s worth it, I promise.)
Anyway, let’s take a look at March:
Print off the first part of Cloudy with a Chance of Satan.Printed!
- Read said first part of Cloudy (with optional note-taking). Yeah, this didn’t get done.
- Write 10k on Cloudy. Hadn’t even picked up a pen.
- Stretch Goal: Finish Cloudy. Hahaha, no.
- Write all posts for the Ferret Blog that I’m responsible for through April 30th. I wrote two. Posted one already. The second will be scheduled and ready to go by lunch today. And hopefully maybe a draft of the third. But they’ll be done before they’re due. I’ll make sure of that.
- Write the first draft of the Ferret Anthology story (the one that I never quite was able to do last month). I’m not even sure where I put this draft anymore.
- Stretch Goal: Write 10k on the Beacon Hills Reboot Part Two. It’s my CampNano, so it’ll be… getting done? I hope. (Dear lord, do I hope.)
Edit and send back the Teen Wolf fic I’m betaing.I actually did get this done! The first part of it, anyway. She didn’t send me the second half until a week or so ago, and I’ve yet to see the last half. But she’s got the first half! Yay!
- Finish reading A Storm of Swords (Game of Thrones, awww yisssss). On page 568 of 924. (Didn’t even get a chance to look at the book this weekend.)
- Finish that X-Men commission you promised you’d do. I really, really need to get this done.
- Finish that tattoo design commission you also promised to do. This two.
- Stretch Goal: Draw the Nuggetsune comics for Barenaked Critic. I wanted to get this done. I even have a first draft of it up.
- Clean the kitchen. Like, mop and bucket and industrial sized trash bags sort of clean. Thanks to me being sick, it’s now looking worse than ever. Uuugh.
- Stretch Goal: Organize the art closet. I think this is going to be an “End of Year” goal at this point.
Absolutely pitiful. But I have managed to get a lot of things done this month. Maybe most of them weren’t on the original list, but I still accomplished a lot, I think, looking back. I managed to stay employed. I got (mostly) back in the habit of working out. I got sick and healthy again! (ugh, colds.) I got the tires changed on my car, and drove down to Dallas to see Welcome to Night Vale. I finally ate at the Cheesecake Factory (a bucket list item)! I updated my Tumblr blog, and I made plans to go to SoCal this summer (more on that later).
So yeah, I think in retrospect I did manage to get a lot done. Just… most of them not writing related. (Or, any of them writing related, to be honest).
I’ll do better next month.
Speaking of next month, I have actually signed up for the April’s WriteMotivation! Here’s my new goals, with a few extras:
- Write The Beacon Hills Reboot: Part Two. Considering it’s also my Camp NaNo, hopefully I can get this done!
- Finish, Edit, and Post two stories. I have one already betaed, I just need to look through the edits and fix the errors on it. The other story is already started, I just need to finish it and send it off to the beta (in plenty of time for me to get it back, edit it again, and then post it before the month is up.) I should be able to do this.
- Read two books. Since I’m halfway through Storm of Swords, I’ll probably finish that one. And then read something short. Like Carrie or maybe that middle-grade book I picked up because I liked the smiley face on it.
And, as always, I have a few stretch goals for myself. (A bit shorter than March’s, because I am slowly but surely learning how to not bite off more than I can chew.)
- Finish at least one piece of art you had promised you’d do. I’m thinking I should probably do the X-men one first.
- Clean the kitchen. Because it really, really needs to be done.
- Watch Veronica Mars. I have the first disk, and have a play date set up to watch them with The Barenaked Critic! So excited!
I think six goals instead of fourteen are much more manageable. Maybe. Hopefully.
See you all in April!