Did everyone have a good easter? I did. 🙂 (Although I am dead tired from it. Ugh, lack of sleep, but soooo worth it.)
I feel sort of ambivalent about my writing progress. I am still incredibly behind. But I also wrote a lot this last week, more than I had previously. It’s not quite evened out in my mind, but it’s also not really stressing me out, either. So yes, ambivalence.
Anyway, here’s what I’ve managed:
- Write The Beacon Hills Reboot: Part Two. I’m still behind, but I’m making progress. Also, I’ll be happy to reach 30,000 by the end of this month (hopefully halfway through the story.)
- Finish, Edit, and Post two stories. I… looked at it. Yeah. No progress.
- Read two books. I am ALMOST done with A Storm of Swords! On page 746 of 924. Yay!
- Stretch Goal: Finish at least one piece of art you had promised you’d do. I still haven’t worked on this.
- Stretch Goal: Clean the kitchen. Kitchen? What kitchen? I have no kitchen. *shifty eyes*
- Stretch Goal: Watch Veronica Mars. I will be watching the fourth disk today! This is the only goal I’m making any sort of real progress on. 😛
I did a lot of other things this last week though. I did my taxes and toured an apartment. I have to move this summer (they’re tearing down the apartments that I currently live in, so, yeah, moving is imperative.) I have an appointment to look at another apartment on Tuesday. So, I feel like that was an accomplishment all in itself.
Hopefully we all can finish our goals before this month is over. Good luck, people! 😀
…HOW IS IT TUESDAY?
I swear, it was Monday just three seconds ago. Come to think of it, yesterday was February, right? Where did March go? Is time moving faster?
I’m starting to think I should be looking for blue phone boxes mysteriously appearing.
Anyway, here’s my progress thus far:
- Write The Beacon Hills Reboot: Part Two. I am so, so very behind. I am trying to write, and going to the coffee shop is helping, but I really need more than just the 30 to 45 minutes in the morning to get caught up. I need like, 2 hours everyday, and I’m just having a hard time finding that at the moment. I also can’t really work weekends
- Finish, Edit, and Post two stories. Still no progress yet on this.
- Read two books. Well, I’m on pages 639 of 924 of Storm of Swords. And I’m going to read this really short, 150 page novel after. 😀
- Stretch Goal: Finish at least one piece of art you had promised you’d do. I WILL WORK ON THIS TOMORROW. OMG I PROMISE.
- Stretch Goal: Clean the kitchen. It is still a disaster area. Oy vey.
- Stretch Goal: Watch Veronica Mars. I have just now put the third disk into the mail. I should get the fourth on this weekend. 😀 HALFWAY THROUGH THE FIRST SEASON WOO!
Nothing’s been marked off yet, and that saddens me. My progress is too slow. 😦 Hopefully I can figure out how to make some time open up so I can get some work done.
Anyway, how are you guys doing?
I told myself I was going to do a post analyzing the issues of consent in Teen Wolf today, but… that’s going to wait. Instead, here’s a little something that’s been stewing in my brainpan for awhile.
I think I’ve always had an idea of a bucket list. There are a lot of things I want to do–yes, before I die, but death doesn’t really have much to do with it. There’s just a list of things I’d like to do in my lifetime, to say that I’ve lived. That I’ve been there or I’ve done that or I saw so-and-so.
Anyway, today, I–for the first time–am going to actually list them out and see how much I’ve accomplished and how many I have left to do. I don’t even know if everything is accomplishable–or even, if in ten or twenty or thirty years I will even want to.
But here it is:
- Visit California
- Learn to surf
Eat at the Cheesecake Factory (Shut up, I’ve always wanted to go!) March 2014
Visit Japan June 2008
Visit New Orleans March 2010
- Become fluent in at least ONE foreign language
- Publish a book
- Write a script for a television show pilot
- Write a movie script
“Win” NaNoWriMo November 2012
- See the QuikTrip people actually change the numbers on their signs (those people are like ninjas!)
- Take a picture with a celebrity that I admire
Go to a midnight premiere of a movie The Hobbit: Part 1, December 2012
- Attend Comic-con
- Pet a fox
- Get a tattoo
Act as the Priestess during a Mass June 2009
Participate in a Goetic working February 2014
- Attend/participate in a Discordian ritual
Be in a wedding party July 2012
- Get married (or at least experience the ceremony with someone 🙂 )
- Buy a house
- Visit Canada
- Become a full-time writer. 🙂
The list is ever growing, but I’m making progress. What are some things you guys want to do someday?
So… whoops! I’ve been so busy lately that I forgot to post my accomplishments so far for April! Here they are:
- Write The Beacon Hills Reboot: Part Two. According to my Camp NaNo stats, I am at 4,262 words. I still have several pages to type up, but even so, I know I’m several thousand words behind.
- Finish, Edit, and Post two stories. Like I said before, I have one already betaed. I just need to read through the edits, clean it up, and post it online. The other story I have started, but not yet finished yet.
- Read two books. Well, I’m on pages 600-ish (I forgot already. Whoops!) of Storm of Swords. So… only like 400 more pages to read.
- Stretch Goal: Finish at least one piece of art you had promised you’d do. I really, really, really need to get this done. Like, sooner rather than later.
- Stretch Goal: Clean the kitchen. Luckily, with Critic coming over at least once a week to watch Veronica Mars, I’ve been working on cleaning the whole house to try to make it more accommodating for guests. And yeah, that includes the kitchen. It’s better than it’s been in a long while, but I still have a loooooong way to go before it’s clean. (Oh my god, I am so sorry Critic for making you sit in my messy house to watch silly teenaged detective shows with me.)
- Stretch Goal: Watch Veronica Mars. Critic and I have managed to power our way through the first eight episodes, and we are loving it! She was even talking about buying the first season so we didn’t have to keep waiting on Netflix to deliver us more disks. 🙂
And as of today, I have started making the first (somewhat literal) steps to changing around the way I manage my time. I walked to the coffee shop from work today to see how long of a walk it was and in what kind of pedestrian terrain, and I found it short and easily doable. So, from now on, before work I am going to go hang out at the coffee shop for an hour for some distraction-free writing time. Not only should this open up a consistent block of time for me to get stuff done, but since I’m planning on parking my car in the employee parking and walking to and from the coffee shop to work (it’s like a 5 minute walk–so no biggie), it’ll have the added bonus of extra daily exercise. 🙂 I’m really looking forward to this new plan. I hope it works out.
So guys, how about you? How is your April moving along?