So… whoops! I’ve been so busy lately that I forgot to post my accomplishments so far for April! Here they are:
- Write The Beacon Hills Reboot: Part Two. According to my Camp NaNo stats, I am at 4,262 words. I still have several pages to type up, but even so, I know I’m several thousand words behind.
- Finish, Edit, and Post two stories. Like I said before, I have one already betaed. I just need to read through the edits, clean it up, and post it online. The other story I have started, but not yet finished yet.
- Read two books. Well, I’m on pages 600-ish (I forgot already. Whoops!) of Storm of Swords. So… only like 400 more pages to read.
- Stretch Goal: Finish at least one piece of art you had promised you’d do. I really, really, really need to get this done. Like, sooner rather than later.
- Stretch Goal: Clean the kitchen. Luckily, with Critic coming over at least once a week to watch Veronica Mars, I’ve been working on cleaning the whole house to try to make it more accommodating for guests. And yeah, that includes the kitchen. It’s better than it’s been in a long while, but I still have a loooooong way to go before it’s clean. (Oh my god, I am so sorry Critic for making you sit in my messy house to watch silly teenaged detective shows with me.)
- Stretch Goal: Watch Veronica Mars. Critic and I have managed to power our way through the first eight episodes, and we are loving it! She was even talking about buying the first season so we didn’t have to keep waiting on Netflix to deliver us more disks. 🙂
And as of today, I have started making the first (somewhat literal) steps to changing around the way I manage my time. I walked to the coffee shop from work today to see how long of a walk it was and in what kind of pedestrian terrain, and I found it short and easily doable. So, from now on, before work I am going to go hang out at the coffee shop for an hour for some distraction-free writing time. Not only should this open up a consistent block of time for me to get stuff done, but since I’m planning on parking my car in the employee parking and walking to and from the coffee shop to work (it’s like a 5 minute walk–so no biggie), it’ll have the added bonus of extra daily exercise. 🙂 I’m really looking forward to this new plan. I hope it works out.
So guys, how about you? How is your April moving along?