Hey guys, happy May! April has come to a close, and I still feel like I haven’t gotten as much done as I wanted. Oh well. April was also an incredibly busy month, too, so maybe I’m just being hard on myself.
This is how I fared:
- Write The Beacon Hills Reboot: Part Two. Well, I worked on it. I really only gained about 10,000 words this month. I really did want to work on it, but I ended up having to go back and reorder some plot events, and that took time. Hopefully now I am in a better spot to really make some progress.
- Finish, Edit, and Post two stories. None at all. 😦 Booo
Read two books.I finished Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin and Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer. WOO! I can mark this one off the list!
- Stretch Goal: Finish at least one piece of art you had promised you’d do. I opened my sketchbook at least.
- Stretch Goal: Clean the kitchen. It’s still a disaster area. 😦 (But I managed to wash a bunch of tupperware and return it to my mom’s, so… progress?
Stretch Goal: Watch Veronica Mars. Critic and I are almost done with the first season! Yay! (I’m marking this off because we have been pretty good about meeting once a week and going through an entire disk. Considering that I’m getting them through Netflix, and therefore have to wait for the mail, I’m feeling pretty confident about our progress through the show.)
And since it’s now May, I’ve signed up for the newest iteration of #WriteMotivation! Here are my new goals:
- Edit the first draft of Monsters & Ghosts.
- Edit the second draft of my friend’s story
- Finish and post two side stories.
And, as always, here are some stretch goals for myself:
- Finally finish that art commission you were given like, four months ago.
- Edit that other story for a friend (assuming, of course, she finishes it.)
- Write another 10k on the BHReboot Part 2
This month, I’d also like to add in a few more things that I’d like to get done, but don’t necessarily want to make them goals. (I’m not actually sure what that makes them, then. To-do lists? I don’t know.) But here’s some possible extras to accomplish this month:
- Read three books
- Work my way through three research books (as in, taking notes, etc.)
- Write my Teen Wolf and Consent master dissertation (it’s no longer just a blog post guys. This thing is going to be massive.)
- Do my 5k Training program
I have some days off coming my way in May, so hopefully I’ll actually have time to sit down and knock some of these projects out. And I’m already done a lot of progress on my 5k Training program, so as long as I keep it up this month, I’ll count it as a goal achieved! (The training program won’t actually end until June/July, after all.)
Anyway, how was your month? Any new goals you’re looking forward to accomplishing?